Monday, April 30

sea green for swap


Best news today: Kelly, across the pond in England, got my package this morning--safe and sound, and in less than a week. (Phew!)

I was inspired by a color I called "sea green" in fourth grade, when it was my favorite hue, and also the color of the scooter I came home to for my 10th birthday. I think that inspiration may have come from the beautiful header to Kelly's blog, too.

Package included:

  • little green buttons
  • polka-dot mint chocolate fabric swatch
  • birdy thank you cards
  • minty travel candle
  • screenprinted linen napkin by Gentry Blackburn
  • cucumber soap
  • fabric-covered thumb tacks I made (which am so happy to see that Kelly has already put to good use. She even liked the fabric I wrapped them up in).
After seeing everyone else's gifts, I only wish I had packaged and wrapped mine more prettily. A nice e-mail this morning let me know she liked it, anyway, which made my heart jump just a little.

Kelly takes pretty photos: see more on her blog.

This probably means mine will be arriving soon ... can't wait.

14 comments:

little special said...

you're crazy - the packaging is lovely......as is everything else you sent by the looks of things! the napkin + notelets are especially pretty.

hope your's arrives soon!

xx

Anonymous said...

Sea Green was my favorite color in 4th grade too! It still is although I guess I call it aqua now:)

marta said...

this swap package is definitely beautiful. nice work, especially with such a unique hue! i think it fits her quite well, after perusing her lovely blog.

am happy you've got a new penpal. and am super happy you joined the swap. thanks again!

marta said...

ps. i would love a tiny fabric covered-tack tutorial! oh so twee.

KELLY said...

dear ali...i loved your packaging! (i have a thing for string!) honestly all of your gifts are so "me" i am truly delighted + can't wait to use my new treasures. i just hope that my parcel arrives with you soon...fingers crosed...

thanks so much again + looking forward to keeping in touch! i'm off now to find out about gentry blackburn. xxx kelly

Lorilee said...

Kelly is a lucky girl to get all these lovely little gifts!
I wouldn't expect anything less from Ali.

Sarah said...

Ali that was a gorgeous package you sent. This has been so much fun!

Anonymous said...

How adorable! I'm especially digging the fabric-covered thumb tacks. So cute!

ali said...

Fabric-covered thumb tack tutorial soon to come on Your Heart Out. Stay tuned!

(Glad so many of you like them. They're even more fun to make!)

jamieanne said...

I think this is an excellent, softer interpretation of your scooter, which I remember well. Can't wait for the YHO post...though I'm not as crafty as I'd like to be these days.

Dede said...

Ali...you are so stinking cute! Great job on the swap. I also can't wait for the cloth covered thumb tacks!

becky said...

so cute ali! i can't wait to find out how to make those!

Kristin said...

What a great package and I love sea foam green...is it the same as sea green?

ali said...

I think so. :)