Tuesday, April 14

cherry blossoms

cherry+blossom+polas

We're finally getting out of the house on a regular basis. Oscar got a visit from his cousin Olivia last week so we visited the Cherry Blossom Festival here in DC. I thought the pink blossoms from 2,000 cherry trees combined with blue skies made the perfect recipe for a polaroid photo op, but I soon discovered my film had expired. (Has it really been that long since I pulled out my fun little toy camera?) I've always wanted to experiment with expired film, but I think I would have preferred a different subject. :)

I wish cherry blossoms weren't such fleeting little flowers, but isn't that part of their appeal? They're magical ... and look so fluffy that you want to eat them. But now they're pretty much expired, too.

oscar+blossoms

Oscar thought the blossoms were pretty cool while they lasted.

.

8 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

Oscar is adorable - glad you're getting out and about more. Spring is too wonderful to be missed, especially those fleeting cherry blossoms!

Lacey Jane said...

Those blossoms look amazing! Oscar does too... :)

How fun!

Leciawp said...

glad to see you're enjoying your time with Oscar and the springtime so much.

Unknown said...

what a little cutie pie!

and polaroid film expires? yikes.. i better check mine.

Joanna Goddard said...

oh, oscar, you are awesome.

St. Julien's said...

It WAS you! I saw your link on Bridge's blog and I think I saw you in the airport like March 24th, in the evening!! I was staring at this cute new baby, and we got our luggage and as I passed the cute new Mom I looked at her face as I walked out the door and I thought "wait a gosh darn second I think that was ALI!!" Now I'm pretty sure it was YOU! You must've been visiting, congrats on the wee little darling. Fun blog:)BTW this is Heidi(Hofheins) StJulien...I used to live in a fake bedroom room below yours...

Unknown said...

what a beautiful blog! it's also wonderful seeing your journey into motherhood - it makes me want a darling little baby too!
xox

Bri said...

I'm going to go ahead and say that I can't really figure out what to look at, both things are so gorgeous! :)