Monday, March 26

balloons on parade

The Great Balloon Photo Shoot went off without a hitch. Thanks to all my friends who participated, and my new-found balloon friends for their very photogenic personalities and tendencies. You can see all my photos here, and can view photos from the rest of the balloon bunch right here.

A sort of photo club in the making, we're hoping to put together another shoot sometime soon-ish. Maybe kites? Or maybe a fieldtrip to a museum? Or maybe a simple walk downtown with lunch? We will see. And you're invited.

This photo by Marta pretty much sums up how I felt on Saturday morning. I was on cloud nine. Or maybe just on top of a hill, holding my own balloon parade party, which aside from a shopping spree or trip to London/Switzerland/Provence, is pretty much as good as it gets.

P.S. Thanks to Lorilee for helping me blow up the balloons, and for wearing very photographable red pants. They, combined with her blonde head, made for an irresistable model. She thought she was coming to take photos but I had other plans.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, these pictures just started my day off with a cheerful beginning! Your photos are amazing. Thank you!

Please make this an annual event. Even though I'm a crappy photographer, I'd love to come and pretend.

Anonymous said...

These pictures are fantastic. It looks like so much fun!

Liz Stanley said...

adorable pics! looks like you guys had fun on that gorgeous day

sarah marie. said...

love the one of you and there are a few of lori that are to die for.

Lorilee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lorilee said...

It was all in the photographer.

I was so impressed with the photographers..Ali, Allison, Brad, Marta, Lacey... you are all very talented and it was so fun and inspiring, to see your creativity.
Thanks Ali, for putting it together and getting the great balloons.

Kim said...

Looks like you had a good time. I'm impressed with your photos Ali, great job!

Tonia Conger said...

Ali, you are so creative! Can't wait to meet you someday...and talk about Milan Kundera. Good for you and the balloon photo shoot!

jordan said...

So cute!

jamieanne said...

There's no way you can be in a sour mood in the company of balloons. These are priceless.

becky said...

totally jealous I missed this, but looks like a ton of fun! keep this annually! I'll be there next year!

Dede said...

I love it...so much fun!

I'm A said...

What a fabulous idea! I love it! And thanks for the blog welcome. :)

Paige Holley said...

Thanks for the invite, Ali. We are actually in Idaho. But I LOVE reading your blog...hope you don't mind:)

allison said...

Paige, I wish you could come too!

A big thanks to Ali for thinking of this fabulous idea, taking some great shots, and for being a great model as well.

ali said...

Paige: of course I don't mind! See number 41 in the "favorite things" post.