Monday, March 26

a few of my favorite things

1. My delicious-looking, silk worm-constructed blanket Grant hauled from China for me.
2. My laptop.
3. Nanette Lepore.
4. Jonathan Safran Foer.
5. Ankle socks as slippers.
6. Cut-off sweats.
7. Being nice to the cashier.
8. Chocolate milkshakes, made with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup.
9. Ladybugs.
10. Marimekko.
11. Summer nights.
12. Open windows.
13. Lemon pepper.
14. Creative nonfiction. (Thank you, Lane.)
15. Curtis.
16. Hot Tamales.
17. The Internet.
18. Revisiting my past/personal histories/untold stories/family secrets as old as time
19. Rununculus.
20. Big imaginations.
21. Contemporary dance.
22. Lace.
23. Baby Max.
24. London.
25. The rush of Big Cottonwood Creek.
26. The OC.
27. Blogs.
28. Balloons.
29. Jamie's salsa.
30. My tight-knit family.
31. Walks.
32. Ghost stories.
33. Cameras.
34. Chicken Philadelphia sandwich at the Great Steak and Potato Company.
35. Sand stuck between my toes.
35. The way the sun's reflection on the lake follows you across the water when you're boating.
36. Roadtrips. Period.
37. Hanging out.
38. Filled notebooks.
39. Cezanne.
40. The Smithsownian Fishtitute full of friends and/or family.
41. Making friends.
42. Fleur-brand candles in the "Tuberose" scent which are now impossible to find in "tin" form.
43. Benefit's Dandelion face powder.
44. Project Runway.
45. Worn-out ballet shoes.
46. Giving surprise or no-reason gifts, and also getting them.
47. San Pellegrino Limonata.
48. The quiet before a Western storm, and the storm too. With thunder.
49. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
50. Scout, the character.

Thank you, Tiffany. (By the way, this list has two number 35s. That's funny.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your list! I especially like numbers 7. You can tell a lot about someone by how they treat the cashier and the waitress.

I think I've said it before, but I love your site because every day feels like a field trip with a fabulous guide! Thanks!

Lorilee said...

#38.(Filled Notebooks) was my favorite.

Auntie Ann said...

I loved these...Nanette lepore and being nice to the cashier are two that would be on my list also! Amy and I wanted to come to the big balloon shoot but I was out of town...maybe next time. It looked like a smah hit!

C.D.W. said...

How come my guys, Curto and Max, aren't #1 and #2?

jamieanne said...

I lalalove my silkworm blanket, but yours looks as sinful as it feels. Mmmm...chocolate.

ali said...

Thanks guys. And for your info, cdw, this list was not composed in any particular order. Do you really think that I'd make my beloved number 14?

Lorilee said...

You mean number 15 Ali?

ali said...

Right. :)