Friday, March 23

come join us: group photo shoot

This is me inviting you to/reminding you of the Great Balloon Photo Shoot taking place tomorrow morning (Saturday) at 10:30 a.m. And all (professional and amateur) photo hobbyists are invited to attend. I'll bring the balloons, which are unfortunately not as round as I had hoped. They are big and colorful and very photographable, however.

Where, you ask? Well, that is still to be decided. When I have a break this afternoon, I will head to a few more parks before I make up my mind. I'm sorry for not knowing their formal names, but here are some options:

  • Sugarhouse Park
  • Memory Grove
  • Park at the 4500 South exit from the east end of I-215 (west of the freeway)
  • Evergreen Park (2230 East Evergreen Avenue {3435 South})
  • Park in the northeast corner of the Avenues
  • Liberty Park
Feedback is appreciated. I'm hoping for somewhere that might not be too crowded, but I am growing to be less picky.

And please, RSVP so I know how many balloons to bring.

{Update:}
I'll meet you tomorrow morning at 10:30 a.m. at Sugarhouse Park on the south end of the main pond (the one you can see from 1300 East) near the hill that backs the freeway. I'll be the one carrying an obscene number of fun balloons.

Marta, where are you? I want to see your cute little face.

13 comments:

{irene} said...

I had to comment......that is a beautiful picture!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the photos you've already shared. I wish I could come to your balloon shoot, but I have some other obligations. Maybe this could become an annual activity?

Lorilee said...

Although I'm not really a photographer, I want to come. Let me know if you need help with the balloons (transporting etc).

Anonymous said...

Hi Ali,

Count me in!

jamieanne said...

Aww, shucks. I wish.

Anonymous said...

That looks/sounds so fun! I wish I could come...I hope you make this a tradition!!

allison said...

Ali, I'm in. But you already knew that. I'm not familiar with some of those parks (evergreen...ect) but I think any of the would be fine.

I'm excited. What time?

allison said...

nevermind i just saw the time!

duh allison.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am in too.

Anonymous said...

That park in the NE corner of the Avenues that you refer to: Lindsay Gardens. Close to my former 'hood. Plus, there's a sweet cemetery close by. Lotsa dead people.

marta said...

just got home and i am in. this is my rsvp. nothing is better than a bunch of huge beautiful balloons to come home to. see you soon, ali.

Amy said...

i'm so sad i didnt read this until now... but i'm sure you guys had a blast... cant wait to see the photos!!!!

ali said...

Amy, you can come next time. We would love to have you.

I still have 3/4 of a bag of balloons to use up. Or we could try something new--maybe just go on a fieldtrip or we talked about doing kites next time. Who doesn't like to fly a kite?