Wednesday, March 7

group photo shoot: big round balloons

I've been thinking it might be fun to have a friends of alilovescurtis photo shoot featuring these big red balloons that are practically impossible to find, but luckily not too impossible because friends of Jordan tracked them down. (Thank you, Jordan!)

I'm thinking it would be nice to get some photos in the snow---snowy or sunny day---before the pretty white blanket starts to melt away. It might be fun to go to a park or snowy field. I am open to suggestions.

Saturday, March 17 and 24 are looking good for me according to my Kate Spade calendar.

Come one, come all, bring your cameras and we can be each other's models. Then we can post our photos on our blogs. Or if you don't have a blog, you can send your pics to me and I'll make a little collage of our combined efforts.

I'll order the balloons and distribute. Let me know via comment or e-mail if you're interested, (I'm counting on some of you photo hobbyists and professionals--you know who you are) and which day might work better for you. Might also be a fun way to get to meet new blogging friends. Chelsea, I'm thinking of you and wishing you didn't live so far away.

If you need a starting point for ideas and a motivational boost, check out the links in this post.

(Featured photo: "Best Wishes" by Patricia McDonough)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I don't know how I came across your blog, I think you made a comment on a friend's once, but I visit often now. Look forward to seeing those pics!

allison said...

I'm a fan of the big red balloons. Sounds fun. Just let me know when and where... count me in!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like such creative fun! I would totally be there if I was going to be in SLC anytime soon. Looking forward to seeing the snapshots!

Anonymous said...

Can't be there, but looking forward to your great shots. I think it's a great idea!

Anonymous said...

I'm in.

Let me know when and where.

I'll bring the Pizzalicious Pringles.

Anonymous said...

Als,
I would love to come, so that i can learn from the experts! Let me know when you decide and if i can make it, i will for sure be there! (I just finished, tonight, that Holga camera class that you featured a while ago!! it was fabtabulous:)...thanks for that! it is way too addicting:)
jenny j

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so fun.

I just got a new digital camera and live in Salt Lake and would love to meet you and take some pictures.

Amy said...

ali, if it's okay i would love to join in... what a great idea, let me know when and where i would love to meet you!!!

ali said...

Yay! Of course, all are welcome.

I ordered the balloons and am hoping they will be here by next Saturday. I didn't get to select certain colors but I am hoping our bag includes lots of pink and red and yellow. I'm only slightly worried that they might not arrive, but I will keep you posted.

Any suggestions on a great location?

Lorilee said...

I want to come too. I'm not much of a photographer (still learning) but maybe I could wash my hair and be a model. :)