Wednesday, April 25

can't wait


My first-ever IKEA catalog (which is rumored to have higher distribution numbers than the Bible) arrived in my mailbox yesterday. I try to be cool and collected about this store's pending arrival--like it's not that big of a deal--but then it continues to introduce fun fabrics that I want to cover everything with, and always-interesting chairs, and I can't help but get a thrill from the booklet.

According to the brilliant Your Heart Out meter which Brad whipped up for us, Salt Lake's IKEA will be opening in 28 days, 8 hours and 40 minutes from right ... now. And no, I can't wait.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh but your life (and your house) will never be the same. You lucky lucky thing!

little special said...

sarah's right! but at least your bank balance won't suffer too much! Enjoy the countdown.

Great blog by the way!

xx

Kim said...

I'm so excited too. Zack and I already have a few items picked out. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Portland is getting one too...they just broke ground!

jamieanne said...

Ikea is like Target for me. I can walk in and stroll around for hours if I like, and definitely talk myself into buying things. Plus I can get me some swedish meatballs.

Lorilee said...

I want a lookie at the catalog.

marta said...

ditto ditto. ikea is oh so grand. thanks for the reminder. the catalogue is so fun because the prices are so low!

plus, i love the IKEA countdown meter, genius.

allison said...

i have been avoiding any furnature shopping untill Ikea comes. horray! can't wait.