Friday, June 1

jazzed

I'm not gonna lie. I haven't fully understood this trend we call "jazz shoes." We've dubbed it thus because that's exactly what they look like: the shoes I wore in jazz class circa 1985-87 before jazz boots and "bear claws" took over in 1988 or thereabouts. (Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?)

But when I saw these lil' guys on Asos, I fell head over heels. Cute and smart and not long in the toe region. (I'm sensitive to that.) I love the idea of these with piped suit pants.


Best part? Only 18 pounds, which translates to about $36. At that price, I can also afford overseas shipping.

6 comments:

I'm A said...

I totally know what you are talking about! Oh bear claws. How funny. I haven't thought of those for ages. These do look like jazz shoes {which is a good thing in my opinion} but they sweeter and softer. So cute.

P.S. I bought some shoes on ASOS yesterday. So thank you millions for the tip! :)

m-l-e said...

this will sound totally cocky,but i'm going for it anyway: I totally called the jazz shoe trend 1.5 years ago... I was mocked when i tried to get a friend to by some. thanks for the validation, and the cute foreign pair!!

jamieanne said...

Oh, the memories...

ali said...

Emily, I totally believe you ... trendsetter that you are!

Lorilee said...

I am familiar with the jazz shoes...jazz boots...then the bear claws, but I preferred ballet slippers and pointe shoes over all.
I would love to see those white jazz shoes on your little feet Ali.

nikole said...

cute cute.