Friday, January 4

collage one: january night


Resolutions 01 and 02: Create more. Try new things.

I found myself inspired as I put together my mix for the In The Moment CD swap. So many nice and wintery songs about evening stars (or by Stars), my hands were itching to craft, to mold, to shape, to make visual. Eternally fascinated the semi-tragic female character aka the rich girl portrayed in the song Elevator Love Letter---or at least my idea of her---she became my muse for this little amateur collage. It only seemed appropriate that the starry backdrop be replaced with city lights of offices glowing all night long. There is, in fact, nothing winter-specific about this song. It just feels like winter to me. It's during the winter months that I find myself saying "I wanna go home" the most, and spending many Sundays being lazy. And sometimes lonely or cold or wistful.

Some other songs about wintery nights:

Stars/The Weepies: And I feel a pull to the blue velvet dark and stars
Wintery Sky/The Pipettes: Underneath the winter sky her eyes were bright
Star of Wonder/Sufjan Stevens: I see the stars coming down there to my heart

*Photo of sleeping girl taken from Sleeping With Macy by Naty_Wolf

.

8 comments:

KELLY said...

good for you! your collage is really cute + i love how you're trying out new creative avenues! x

Ann Marie said...

Love the collage! I think you're a natural at EVERYTHING. I'll be looking forward to more.Namaste.

Tiffany said...

I love your collage! And I'm especially excited that you numbered it, which suggests to me that there is more to come? I hope, I hope, I hope.

lauracrow said...

so pretty! i can't wait to see more...

angie said...

lovely! but, i'm not sure it's fair for you to have so much talent AND creativity...

Joanna Goddard said...

beautiful. love the sleeping girl.

Dede said...

cute Ali!

Anonymous said...

what else is on the cd?