Thursday, January 3

rebooting


This photo sums up all I want to do lately. Must be the cold weather. My insomnia problems. The fact that I have spent 9 hours (yes, nine) trying to backup my photos and documents so I can delete just about everything on my hard drive and start over. Where is my inner computer genius when I need her? Can't scan in images, can't resize images---though I did find this online little ditty which came in handy. But what I really want to do is crop and collage and no can do. At least not until I get this must-delete-everything-and-reinstall-Photoshop problem worked out. Boo. (And I wonder why all I want to do is hide under the covers.)

Maybe I should just fold and buy a new computer which is what I've wanted to do for the past year, anyway, though that will leave me feeling both a) defeated, and b) poorer. But am enjoying the new year and currently crystallized Salt Lake City quite a bit.

I think if I could get just this one slate clean, I'd be enjoying it that much more. Here's to new beginnings....

.

6 comments:

angie said...

backing up photos - good idea - hadn't thought about it for awhile - i guess just counting on snapfish isn't enough...

Tiffany said...

Ugh. So sorry. I tried making an iMovie over the weekend with all my pictures from the year. After almost completing it twice and having my computer freeze and have to be rebooted twice, I decided that I either needed to give up or throw my computer out the window. I gave up.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

You too? I've had insomnia for a couple of weeks now:( I love the photo.

KELLY said...

good luck ali. i got an external hard drive for christmas (from hubby) which although wasn't on my wish list is now my best friend. i have all my photos on it which frees up my computer. i was so tired of seeing the low-disc-space thing pop up! so now i have that as a back-up-back-up : ) now i just need to get to grips with photoshop...on my list for 2008! x

Ann Marie said...

Call CJ. Seriously. I KNOW he is secretly dying to be your computer, photography, and Illustrator mentor...all for technical help. Your creativity and natural eye are in little need, if any, help.

amy said...

love this photo. love all your photos. :)