Friday, April 4

cafe des deux moulins


Her quaint brasserie. According to Jeunet, the owner of the cafe was ready to close shop and enter retirement until Amelie was released. Now he has too much fun showing where she served coffee, where she melted into a puddle, and where she "wrote backwards" (the glass now seems to be covered with a too-large poster, unfortunately).

If you want to see more Amelie sights when you visit Montmartre, follow these links to Amelie walks and film locations, including the cafe where the wind made the glasses dance:

list here
walk here

Image by Ivan_Sanher.

.

3 comments:

Lane said...

Ooooh, so many lovely things. I want to go to Paris now! Thanks for reminding me of all the ways I love this movie, and some I hadn't even thought of. I want to watch this with you! (Or better yet, go to Paris with you!)

Anonymous said...

Hello! I have just found your blog and must say I find it lovely. As of bonus, it kind of makes me feel happy.
By the way, I live 2 minutes from the "café des 2 moulins", and walk by it every day... :-)

All the best,
Aurélie from France

Anonymous said...

By the way, my e-mail is a.aime@live.fr ...Tell me if you want more lovely montmartre pics!

Aurélie