My doorstep is not the most glamorous you've ever laid eyes (or Steve Maddens) on. Our rust-colored front door opens to a rust-colored hallway that, on a good day, smells like concentrated Lysol ... and like it needs a desperate cleaning with anything other than said Lysol most other days. Despite its unattractive state, my doorstep has become a source of many smiles and mood-lifters as of late. My heart goes pitter pat when I hear the Fedex truck pull up outside, when UPS asks for my signature, when I hear the mailman's footsteps nearing our apartment on the second floor. It ain't pretty, but my doorstep has been really good to me over the last little while.
A mere sampling of what's shown up:
01. Moses basket that I took a chance on but am very happy with.
02. Mother Stork's Baby Book. (How nice!)
03. Cute pillow from Frosty Darling.
04. Box of baby goodies (books, clothes, softies) from Mom.
05. Box of other goodies (balsamic glaze, my forgotten glasses) also from Mom.
06. Package of encouraging notes, mags and pamper-me items from faraway friends.
07. Surprise gift and thoughtful note from Miss Marta.
08. Pink takeout box filled with valentine candy.
09. Coupons from necessary evil Babies R Us that have saved us lots of dollars.
10. Stephen's Gourmet.
This week, I'm also looking forward to:
01. My mom's arrival.
02. My sister's arrival.
03. My baby's arrival. (But I don't think he'll simply show up on my doorstep.)