Thursday, March 15

chelsea james



Jessica introduced me to The Art of Chelsea James. I adore her paintings: subject matter, color value, texture, and again, subject matter.

Part of her artist's statement goes like this:

I choose objects that evoke childhood memories, create situations of atmospheric mystery, and bring visual interest through interaction. I’m intrigued by subtle shifts in value and color; yet seek a personal interpretation of the objects rather than a replication.

Love it. Chelsea, wherever your talented hands have taken you, please let me know when your next show near Salt Lake City is.

4 comments:

Ashley A. said...

How surprising that you would love an artist who does still life paintings of shoes! She really is lovely though. I love "off the Hook."

Anonymous said...

These are just the sort of paintings I love. Plus, she has a great name:)

allison said...

These are really nice. I love the colors used..

Anonymous said...

I love her stuff as well. Thanks for introducing me to such wonderful art. I want one!